We're still waiting on a good sleep pattern to arrive at night. You've been working your arms out of the swaddler and it's ending up around your neck or face. You can imagine when I get into your room and see that!! This was, of course, waking you up several times at night. I thought, well maybe it's time to stop swaddling. So, we bought a sleep positioner. If you don't know, it's kind of like two speed bumps that you put the baby between so he can't roll from side to side. We put you in a sleep gown and into the positioner. You slept for a little bit, but you started waking up again. Your arms are still free to involuntarily flail about. So...I had one last idea. Swaddle and position!! I swaddled you up as tight as I could the next night and put you in the positioner. You slept from 10-2. It was fantastico!!
Friday night Grandma and Pops stayed the night with us. We have a split floorplan so the guest room is closer to your room than ours is. I was afraid you would wake up a lot and cry and wake them up. Of course, that's what happened. (We usually let you cry a little and you're fine.) Well, the crying, not waking up the grandparents. In fact, Grandma said she only heard him once. I was probably in your room 5-6 times feeding/consoling him back to sleep. It was rough.
But, of course, last night we did the same swaddling and positioning and you slept from 10-3!!! You're getting good at this. I think you woke up so much the night before because you knew I would come to comfort you . You're a smart kid you know!! Anyway, hopefully you're getting into a good pattern at night. I like getting up only once to feed you at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment