Monday, October 20, 2008

Your First Vegetable

Ryan, you've started eating vegetables. I decided that I would make your baby food for you. I thought it wouldn't be too hard, and it would save us a little money. I thought we would start off with carrots since they're the same color as your hair. (Not really. The doctor said babies seem to tolerate the orange vegetables better at first.) I was trying to be a good mom and capture the moment you first tasted this new treat. In the first picture you can kind of see that the carrots just came right back out. But...in my want to get good pictures of you eating the carrots you just got mad at how long it took me to set up the camera and feed you...hence the red face in the second picture. Sorry, little fella.


You liked the carrots a lot, though. You couldn't get enough of them!
I've actually enjoyed making your baby food. I've talked to a few friends who do it and they give me pointers. So far you've had carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and green beans.
You like the carrots and sweet potatoes a lot. You only ate a bite or two of squash the first day. The second day you ate a little more. But...the third and fourth day you wouldn't have anything to do with it. I even tried hiding it in your rice...nope. So today I tried green beans. At first you cried because you thought that seeing that spoon meant something bad tasting was about to go into your mouth. But, I got you to open your mouth a little bit a couple times and get a small taste and you decided green beans weren't so bad. You gobbled them up. Brocoli is next.

No comments: