Wednesday, October 22, 2008

6 Month Check-up

You had your 6 month check-up a couple days ago. You were such a good boy. You smiled a lot at Doctor Harmon and the nurse. They were so impressed with how friendly you are.

You weigh 18lbs 4 oz (70th percentile) and you are 28 inches long (92nd percentile)!!! You're stinkin' huge!! So big, in fact, that we have to buy you a new carseat. Your current carseat only holds babies up to 28.5 inches long. Boohoo!

You had one oral immunization and two shots. You did great with the oral. I'm sure you just thought it was some kind of food you're supposed to eat. The shots were just about usual for you. You cried pretty hard until Daddy picked you up and then you were fine. You didn't have any kind of reaction to the immunizations and you weren't even fussy later on.


(I call this "The Costanza")

Dr. Harmon said that we can start giving you solids more during the day. She said it's a good idea to start getting you used to the idea of breakfast/lunch/dinner and two or three snacks during the day. She even said to introduce you to a sippy cup!!

Yesterday you had green beans and rice for lunch (plus bottle) and sweet potatoes and rice for dinner (plus bottle). I think you liked that a lot. We'll have to see if it effects your diapers any. :)

I tried out a sippy cup with you. I put maybe a little more formula than I should have in it. Dr. Harmon said to remove the valve in it to teach you that to get the liquid out you have to tip it up. So, I did that...and it went everywhere. You were soaked. You would let it sit in your mouth tipped up and the formula would just pour into your mouth which you just let run out of your mouth and onto your clothes. Fantastic. I think I'll try it with the valve today. When I showed you the cup you reacted the same as it were a bottle and sucked on it anyway.

Well, while I've been typing this, you've managed to turn yourself face down on your bouncy seat and are now crying. I'll get a picture and post later.

No comments: