You really weren't sure what to think. First of all, you still kinda slump over when you're sitting in your Bumbo seat. Those back and stomach muscles aren't quite strong enough yet to hold you up. Then when I started putting the spoon in your mouth you had an expression on your face like "What is this?!!" And THEN when I was able to get some rice in your mouth it just came right back out again. You just kinda looked at me kinda confused about the whole thing, and boy were you MESSY!! I believe the first night you swallowed maybe one spoonful. The second night (with the white bib) you maybe got two or three spoonfuls down. Tonight (no pics) you got maybe five or six spoonfuls down before you got tired of me sticking the spoon in your mouth. I love it when you decide to blow rasberries when you have rice in your mouth...haha. It's been quite an adventure so far. I'm sure there's lots more fun to come.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
RICE
Well the time has come to start you on rice, Ryan. You're 4 1/2 months old and still not sleeping through the night. In fact you're waking up two, sometimes three, times a night to eat. So, Daddy and I are trying to fill your belly in hopes to get you sleeping longer. Also, you need to get used to eating with a spoon before the real stuff comes along.
You really weren't sure what to think. First of all, you still kinda slump over when you're sitting in your Bumbo seat. Those back and stomach muscles aren't quite strong enough yet to hold you up. Then when I started putting the spoon in your mouth you had an expression on your face like "What is this?!!" And THEN when I was able to get some rice in your mouth it just came right back out again. You just kinda looked at me kinda confused about the whole thing, and boy were you MESSY!! I believe the first night you swallowed maybe one spoonful. The second night (with the white bib) you maybe got two or three spoonfuls down. Tonight (no pics) you got maybe five or six spoonfuls down before you got tired of me sticking the spoon in your mouth. I love it when you decide to blow rasberries when you have rice in your mouth...haha. It's been quite an adventure so far. I'm sure there's lots more fun to come.
You really weren't sure what to think. First of all, you still kinda slump over when you're sitting in your Bumbo seat. Those back and stomach muscles aren't quite strong enough yet to hold you up. Then when I started putting the spoon in your mouth you had an expression on your face like "What is this?!!" And THEN when I was able to get some rice in your mouth it just came right back out again. You just kinda looked at me kinda confused about the whole thing, and boy were you MESSY!! I believe the first night you swallowed maybe one spoonful. The second night (with the white bib) you maybe got two or three spoonfuls down. Tonight (no pics) you got maybe five or six spoonfuls down before you got tired of me sticking the spoon in your mouth. I love it when you decide to blow rasberries when you have rice in your mouth...haha. It's been quite an adventure so far. I'm sure there's lots more fun to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
way to go, little buddy! hopefully that rice cereal will fill up that tummy and you will start sleeping better for mommy and daddy!
Post a Comment