Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hand Foot Mouth

Well, Ryan, you're sick. Unfortunately you love putting your hands in your mouth and you picked up Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease from somewhere. We thought it was just a simple cold at first because you didn't have a fever in the beginning and just had congestion. As the week went on you became crankier and crankier. Then yesterday morning when I got you out of your crib you felt a little warm and sure enough your temperature was 100.6. I called the doctor right away and she said to come in. Daddy and I took you to the doctor and she looked you over. When she looked in your throat she saw lots of little red bumps (blisters). Dr. Harmon told us it was highly contagious and you could have gotten it from anywhere. She told us that you would likely get little tiny blisters all over your body and by the afternoon you were covered. We couldn't swaddle you last night because of your fever. You woke up at least five times. That's how many times I went to get you back to sleep or feed you. Your throat is hurting you because of the blisters and you're not wanting to eat very much. Daddy and I just try every so often to get you to eat at least a little bit. The only thing we can do for you is give you tylenol for the fever. It does help with the fever, but you just don't feel good. Poor guy. So, Daddy and I are giving you all of our attention today. It's your day. We're going to get you better....God's going to get you better. We love you!

2 comments:

Sallie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sallie said...

Ryan, you poor little guy! Eli got that when he was just a little older than you, and it was no fun! I hope you feel much better soon!!