Oh Ryan. You got your first stomach bug last week. We all had it and it was not fun at all. Mommy and Daddy just had it for one day, but you had it for three days. It was so sad. You stopped wanting to eat. I could always tell when you were about to vomit. You would get a very sad face and kinda make a noise with your mouth. Somehow you always managed to vomit either on me or the floor. Never on Daddy and mostly on me. That's okay, though. I knew I was a true mommy when I let you throw up on me many, many times. The only good thing about the whole three days was that you were more cuddly than you've ever been. You would sit in my lap and cuddle up with me almost all day long. By the third day you were only having one wet diaper, so I took you to the doctor. She said you were slightly dehydrated, but not to bad. She gave you some medicine to help you not be naucious and throw up so much. It helped a lot and very quickly. The doctor also told us to give you unflavored Pedialyte, but add grape cool-aid. You liked it a lot. It didn't take long at all for you to get better after that. Even though you felt better, it has taken a while for you to eat much again. You're getting back to normal. Now you have a bit of a cold. Your nose is pretty congested. It makes it hard to take a bottle since you can't breath through your nose.
The morning after we tried the grape pedialyte I changed your diaper and found this. This picture doesn't show it very well, but your diaper was the prettiest color of blue, and boy was it full.
I'm so glad you're feeling better.
No comments:
Post a Comment