Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Your First Trip

Ryan you went on your first trip last weekend. We went with Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Doug and his family, and Uncle Nic. We had such a good time. You didn't really like the long car drive very much. We stopped a couple times to let you eat and stretch your legs. We went to Branson, Missouri. It was a really good place to go with all of our family. We stayed in a hotel that was a cabin. You can see Daddy holding you and your cousin Stone getting to know you in this picture. The first night sleeping was really hard. You weren't in your bed and Mommy couldn't sleep because you kept making noises in your sleep. It was better the second night, though. We put more padding in your bed and moved you a little further away, and we both slept better!




We went to a musical called "Noah." It was a story about Noah in the Bible. You slept through about half of it even though it was very loud. Then you woke up and wanted to eat and you were happy. You liked looking at all of the lights and real live animals that were on the stage. We all had a good time.



We went shopping at a mall and, of course, Grandma and Grandpa couldn't resist buyin you some new clothes even though you have more than I do. At least they're for when you get bigger.

On Saturday we went to Silver Dollar City. It was pretty hot and you had to ride in your stroller all day. Sometimes you were okay with that, but sometimes you weren't. You would get hot and sweaty. I had to cover your stroller with a blanket so that the sun wouldn't shine on you and burn you. You took a few short naps that day. I fed you a couple times while we were at the park and I accidentally left your formula sitting somewhere. You were hungry when we were getting in the car to leave before I realized it. Boy did you ever cry a lot. I almost cried because I felt bad for loosing your food. We found a Walgreens and got you some more, though, and all was good again.





We all had such a good time and we can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

madelynmom said...

Fun trip! I'm glad you're getting to spend so much time with family. by the way, I cried the first time I read Madelyn that "I Love You This Much" book too! So fun to see the little man getting so chunky!