Tuesday, February 10, 2009

RSV

Ryan, you've been sick since Saturday. You woke up with a runny nose. We went to see Gram and Papa and by the time we left you felt warm. When we got home I checked and you had a fever. We were supposed to play with Stone, but couldn't because you're sick. You had a fever all weekend. It got as high as 103.4. I took you to see the doctor Monday morning. She said it was most likely RSV. There is a test she could do to confirm it, but a lot of insurance companies will say you're uninsurable if it came back positive. It has something to do with the fact that most babies who have RSV will later develop asthma. You're probably going to develop asthma anyway, because of DNA, so we agreed it was a good idea not to do the test. Sunday and Monday were probably the hardest days. You've been coughing a lot, had a really runny nose, and a fever. You've been pretty miserable, but still slept pretty well at night. Daddy and I are thankful for that. Yesterday I bought a humidifier for your room. We also tilted your mattress. Those two things seemed to help a lot. Today I've been suctioning your nose a lot. You absolutely hate it, but it helped a lot too. You've been without a fever all day today. You played with your toys. Before all you wanted to do is lay in my lap. Through the day Daddy and I could tell you were feeling better and better. We're so glad. I don't like when my Ryan is sick.

Falling asleep in Daddy's lap.

No comments: