Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sleep, Poop, and Puke

This is a disclaimer to all those out there (GRANDPARENTS) that think Ryan is so cute and adorable and completely innocent and could never do anything wrong. If you want to continue thinking those things do not read this blog. Mom is going to complain for a bit. Sorry Ryan.

SLEEP
Ryan you LOVE the rice we feed you for dinner. You weren't really sure about it at first (One moment please, you just woke up and I have to get you back to sleep. For the record you have been sleeping for ONE hour.), because it was a new texture. I did like I was told and made it real runny at first, but you didn't do to well with that. So I started making it thicker and thicker. The rice is now about the consistency of mashed potatoes and that's just right for you to push it around with your tongue and get it swallowed. HOWEVER!!!! You are STILL NOT SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! One would think that after having a good sized helping of rice, plus anywhere from 3-5 oz. of formula you wouldn't be hungry for a week! But, you would like to prove us wrong. I know it's just because you miss us too much while you're sleeping. You love mommy and daddy so much that you just can't stand it and have to wake up at least twice at night so we can come spend a few minutes feeding you. Well, guess what, budddy boy...it's about to come to an end. After getting you back to sleep twice before I even went to bed last night I decided that it was the night we were going to start weening you off of that habit. I believe you woke up three more times (I was so sleep deprived I lost count) before 4am and then daddy decided it was okay to feed you...so he did. Ryan, you're going to have to start sleeping through the night so that Mommy and Daddy don't feel like they have to go to bed at 9:00 (Something I'm pretty sure we haven't done since we were 8 years old.) so that we can survive the day. Okay, enough about that...

POOP
I'm sure that every new mommy has had this exact scenario happen to them, but I would just like to have ONE Sunday free of accidents. It seems as though you, Ryan, have some kind of high tech detection device that allows you to know exactly when it's Sunday AND you have a brand new/never before worn outfit on AND it's Bible class. Two weeks in a row (and I'm sure others) I have dressed you in oh-so-cute outfits that I know everyone will oooh and ahhh over and what happens? Right there in the middle of Bible class (we still take you with us) you start to grunt louder and louder and then there's an explosion. The stinch is more than I can take so I take you out of class only to find that you have exploded out of your diaper and onto your precious clothes. It, of course, does not bother you that mommy and/or daddy have to miss half of class to strip you down (trying not to further the destruction while taking off your clothes), use most if not all of the wipes we brought with us, re-diaper you, and re-clothe you. We learned a long time ago that extra outfits are a must on Sundays...

PUKE
I thought that you had kinda grown out of the "spitting up" stage, but apparently not. Today you threw up on me and yourself no less than 20 times. (If you would like to see evidence of Ryan's markings, click on the picture of us with our friends Kyle and Vicki and take a look at my shirt.) It's just getting a little annoying that not only do you have to wear at least two outfits a day...so do I! I'm just glad it doesn't upset you.

WITH ALL THAT SAID...I love you so very much, Ryan. Even though I'm complaining I can't imagine a day without you. I can't even stand it when somebody else is holding you. (I do welcome the breaks, though.) All I do all day long is give you kisses, even when you're screaming. I know that it won't be long before you won't allow me to kiss you all over and blow zerbets on your tummy. You're my baby, and you always will be. I'm going to stop writing before I start to cry.

2 comments:

madelynmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sallie said...

BLESS!!!
p.s. that deleted comment from Heather was me...I'm a goofball!